Active lifestyles are associated with numerous physical developments, they enhance feelings of ‘energy’, well-being and independence, reduce the risk of many diseases including cognitive decline and dementia.
People with disabilities can experience limitations in hearing, vision, mobility or cognition which may impact on the level of activity if appropriate support is not available. In fact, and according to Active Lives Adult Survey November 2017-18, ‘Disabled adults are twice as likely as non-disabled adults to be physically inactive (42 per cent vs 21 per cent)’.
BSPORT+ recognizes how important is to analyse and identify factors that motivate and activate people with disabilities to establish pre-conditions for further actions at all levels.
B-SPORT+ project is addressed at people with disabilities and all those who work with them. B-SPORT+ tackles the need of better equip facilitators and create collaborative mechanisms across institutions and bodies, seeking to eliminate inequalities between people with disabilities and people without them in the practice of sports and physical activity.
BSPORT+ seeks the promotion of an active participation of people with disabilities in physical/sport activities and their adoption of healthier lifestyles through:
- Creating a solid knowledge basis and generate evidence on the attitudes, motivations, barriers and habits of people with disabilities, to support the action
- Generating a comprehensive provision on all existing assistive sport technology solutions suitable for people with disabilities
- Producing a need-oriented capacity building programme tailored-made to professionals working with people with disabilities
- Design a policy framework and establish pre-conditions to public innovations and professional initiatives towards the activation of people with disabilities
If you are reading this is because you may be somehow interested in healthy habits and physical activity for people with disabilities, and therefore in BSPORT+ project, activities and results. If you would like to be part of our network or to receive BSPORT+ news and materials, please fill this very short questionnaire and enjoy:
Our publications to support the engagement and activation of people with disabilities and promote healthier lifestyles will be released soon, including:
- White paper on key actions and policies
- Guidelines for a HEPA monitor and assistive technology
- Capacity building programme
In the meantime, if you are interested, contact us and we will get back to you as soon as we officially launch any of them.
No post published yet.
If you have any questions or comments regarding BeSport+ project, please dont hesitate to send us a message through the contact form below. We will come back to you as soon as possible